"Fashion is so often presented in our culture as a thing of froth, which of course,
it partly is; but the bubbles are blown with such care and a sense of values."
- Anna Wintour

ABOUT US | ETSY|HEART|{&}|SOUL|CONTACT


Tuesday 12 February 2013

Il Vous Va Si Bien...

I need a muse.
Life looks better on them. What is a photo without a life on the other end? Dead space, a dead place.
Gardens are life. unspoiled, uncomplicated beauty.

This occurred to me after visiting one of the most decadent palaces the world has ever known, my future residence. Versailles.
After counting twenty-seven chandeliers in the first hallway, I became dizzy and stopped. As I made my way onto the sidelines, I simply watched and became suspended in disbelief by the waves.
I watched them gawk and move like cattle, as every type of technology swung from their drone like posture. Hands. Necks. Arms. Sway. Nausea was accentuated by the decadence of glass.

At that moment my battery died. Never been happier.

The waves killed any beauty I wanted to capture. Trampled it really.
I do not want to share what I see. I do not want to document.
Can these countless cliches ever be captured without dying and repulsing me each time?

I need a muse. 
Without one there is no reflection.

Instead, I offer you someone I could only aspire to fall short of, Ryan McGinley.

'A Promise at Dawn"













Is it lonely being a photographer?

"Oh it’s totally lonely. Being so passionate about something that feels more important than anything else in the world, and it also takes up all my time. You have to learn how to function as a human being and to relate to people without a camera. See there’s this box of magic that I have, and when it’s in my hands I can relate to people, have discussions, go on adventures and ask for anything. Without it I have a hard time operating."


My hiatus should end shortly.
As I only need a muse, not a face.

No comments:

Post a Comment